Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Place in the Cave

                According to the passage " The Allegory of the Cave", Plato states that everyone has different stages in their own life and which states are they in is depended on what is in their mind and what they have seen. Also, what they are thinking is one of the important reasons. Somehow, they may think wrongly and blindly, but do not forget the people who are around us can be a "light" to give us guidelines.  Moreover, Plato says that the postitive things in the world are always far more than the bad things, but at least you need to put your own effort to get the good one. Lastly, Plato also points out that if you want to have a postitive way in your future, do not let your eyes "full of darkness" whatever you are in your own life or in the society.

               Compare my stage in life to Socrates' description of the Cave, i think i am at the stage that which is walking out into the light. Even i am just 19 years old and my experience is absolutely not enough to help me to go through this world, i have my own plan and i know what i need to do right now clearly. Furthermore, before if i do something wrong, i will just blame on the others and never think of myself. Did i do anything wrong? But now, i will look back what i did wrong and avoid myself to make those mistakes again. Also, i will think of my future, not just only keep playing, playing and playing all the time. From now on, i know that i need to study well and graduated from the college to get a good job in my coming future.

No comments:

Post a Comment