Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Reflection on writing skills

                From now on, i have learned a few of the writing skills : annotating, summarizing, thesis-based writing and paragraphing. First of all, the annotating skill, i learned that i need to read the passage twice, and in the second time, i need to underline the important ideas that i may want to quote later. Therefore, i do not need to read the passage again and again. It is because i already know where is the most important ideas that i needed. Second, the summarizing skill, this helped me how to write a good summary for the readers to read and make them feel that i know what is the passage talking about. Third, the thesis-based writing,this is the specific argument that the rest of my essay will support or explain. I learned that this is really important for a good essay. It is because if i have a good thesis-statement, it not only can be a guide line to guide the readers to read my essay, but also help me to write more clearly. Lastly, the paragraphing, i learned that what should be included in a paragraph to make it become a successful paragraph.

               To prove that what i have learned, you can go to my blog to have a look the entry 6 "I know the truth". Honestly, I cannot say that i did very well, but i had already tried to use the writing skills to improve my writing.

               Actually, the material that we have covered is clear, but only one thing is i am still not sure that where is my position now. I mean i do not know what is my weakness and which part i need to work on. But i believe that after you tell me what i should do to improve my writing, i will feel more confident to pass the CATW.

               The last thing i want to tell you that is i feel you are a good professor :) and i really think that you can help me to pass the CATW. I will also try to do my best in this class and work harder to pass the test. It is because to pass the test is the most important thing that i need to do right now.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good so far! Establishing a position in relation to a reading is not easy, but even harder is supporting that position in a way your reader will understand. You are doing well so far!

    ReplyDelete